Colorado announced the 2019 season All Conference, All State, and All American awards this month.
2019 All Conference: Denver East Lacrosse plays in the South Suburban League of CHSAA 5A Lacrosse, a highly competitive league consisting of 9 teams including Regis Jesuit, Kent Denver, Colorado Academy, and Lewis-Palmer high schools.The 2019 Denver East team had a record number of All Conference award winners:
- August “Mustang” Sally ’19 – First Team Attack
- Cole Finley-Ponds ’19 – First Team Defense/LSM
- Harrison Mead ’20 – First Team Defense
- Clayton Finley-Ponds ’19 – Second Team Midfield
- Elijah Bruggeman ’20 – Second Team Midfield
- Jackie Freeman ’22 – Second Team Attack
- William Grawemeyer ’21 – Second Team F/O Midfield
- Duncan Lewis ’20 – Second Team Attack
- Sam Perez ’22 – Second Team Goalie
- Noah Miller ’19 – Honorable Mention Defense/LSM
- Andrew Tan ’21 – Honorable Mention Attack
2019 All State: The 2019 all-state boys lacrosse teams honor the best players in the sport as judged by the leagues and coaches. Senior Cole Finley-Ponds was selected for First Team All State Defense – his second year named to the All State First Team. Teammate and fellow Senior August “Mustang” Sally was also selected First Team All State Attack – his third year named to the All State First Team.
2019 All American: Each year US Lacrosse, the national governing body for men’s and women’s lacrosse, selects the national boys’ and girls’ high school lacrosse All-American teams. Senior Cole Finley-Ponds was selected as an All American. All Americans are the best lacrosse players in the state, regardless of grade, who exhibit outstanding lacrosse talent as well as outstanding personal characteristics. Senior August “Mustang” Sally was selected for the 2019 Academic All American award. This award is for academic excellence and is highly competitive; a minimum 3.7 GPA on a 4.0 scale is a base requirement. Players must be seniors and may not also be one of the All-American selections. (Players can be nominated for both All American and Academic All American, but can only be selected for one honor).
Congratulations to all the Denver East Lacrosse award winners!